In NMR we understand “Sustainability” as the ability to maintain or develop our performance in the long term, maintaining our business financially, socially and environmentally in a responsible way.
In this sense, broadly, Sustainability in NMR relies of three components: Business, Environment and Social Responsibility.
- Natural Mining Resources (NMR) has implemented a Quality Management System according to the UNE-EN ISO 9001: 2015 Standard since 2018.
- In the year 2018, NMR was awarded ISO 9001 certification for its “Trading” activities.
- In the year 2020, NMR is implementing a comprehensive management system (IMS) according to ISO 9001: 2015, ISO 14001: 2015, as well as the Occupational Health and Safety Management System, according to ISO 45001: 2018 for DEPOSIT activities, SCREENING, CLASSIFICATION, MIXING AND WHOLESALE COMMERCIALIZATION OF COAL AND RELATED MINERALS at the Marcelino León dock, in the Port of Gijón – EL MUSEL.
1. How and why the Project emerges?
Of the three fundamental reasons why an Organization addresses a process of implementation of a Quality Management System: “external reasons, market or environment”, “internal reasons for competitiveness” and “reasons for efficiency”, NMR, was initially interested in implementing a Quality Management System in accordance with the ISO 9001-2015 Standard , because it was one of the requirements demanded by many “organizations” to qualify a third party as a “potential supplier”.
However, its implementation and subsequent certification for the activity of “trading” has proven to be a mechanism for continuous improvement, and the search for excellence, which has helped to incorporate into our management a basic discipline on which to build a company more solid, more reputable and more capable of tackling the challenges that a market, such as the current one, offers to an Organization like NMR, with an ambitious and demanding “target business model”.
As our Quality Management System (QMS) has become an ally to carry out an effective and efficient management of our business and, …….as our commitment to Sustainability leads us to carry out our activity ensuring the protection of the environment, including the prevention of pollution in the environment in which we operate, as well as to have a consistent occupational health and safety management policy,……then the need for an Integrated Management Systems (IMS) has arisen as the tool to allow our business to streamline its management, save time and increase efficiency by addressing all elements of the management system as a whole.
2. QUALITY, ENVIRONMENT AND OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY Policy
Natural Mining Resources 1926, S.L. (NMR) carries out its main activities in the lines of trading and processing of minerals such as anthracites, coals, clays, feldspars, among others. In addition, it considers it a priority within this activity to offer an agile service as well as quality and competitive products. To achieve this, NMR has implemented an integrated management system, according to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 with the following guidelines:
- Actively listen to our customers to offer innovative responses about our products and services.
- Develop our activity by applying the principle of continuous improvement of the performance of the Integrated Management System, for which the necessary technical and human information and resources will be allocated, to meet the expectations of our stakeholders.
- Disseminate at all levels the Quality, Environment, Safety and Health Policy at Work, especially to employees, suppliers, customers, and other people working under the control of the Organization, to make it on their own.
- Provide safe and healthy working conditions for injury prevention and work-related health impairment, appropriate to the purpose, size and context of the Organization and to the specific nature of its identified risks and opportunities, including a commitment to eliminate hazards and reduce risks to Occupational Safety and Health.
- Maintain an appropriate personnel policy that ensures the motivation and competence of our as we strive to protect the safety of our workers and contractors. Similarly, training, participation and awareness-raising will be encouraged among persons working under the control of the Organization, including commitment to consultation and participation of workers and/or their representatives.
- Maintain a commitment to comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements to meet the needs of our stakeholders.
- Continuously improve the management system, to enhance environmental performance, quality and safety and health at work.
- Carry out our activity ensuring the protection of the environment, including the prevention of pollution in the environment in which we operate.